Lasik eye surgery visita cataratta padova is a popular eye operation performed on several patients nowadays, as this particular operation can correct several problems with eye visions. After the surgery, people do not need to wear contact lenses or correction glasses anymore. This is one of the benefits of a laser eye surgery however, what most people do not realize is that there are also a few laser eye surgery risks and side effects.
Since Lasik eye surgery is popular, most of the patients who have had this kind of operation before have been pleased with their results, which means that they have had advantages as an outcome from the surgery. The benefits of this surgery include:
1. Improved vision, therefore, patients are extremely happy that they do not need to wear contacts and glasses anymore.
2. Patients take advantage of their newly fixed vision by exploring and experiencing new careers that they couldn’t do before due to the restrictions that their previous vision gave to them.
3. Also, people who have had this operation can enjoy sports and other fun activities where the vision was a previous problem due to the glasses or contact lenses that they needed to wear to play the game properly. There have also been cases with people wearing glasses or contact lenses where accidents would occur when an item used in the game, for example, a ball, would hit their eye and would either damage their glasses or their eyes itself because the contact lenses will have most likely either fallen out or moved further into the eye.
4. Lasik eye surgery is a safe and effective treatment, and this has been proved by the number of people who have had this operation, plus their positive feedback and results.
5. Some studies show that 93% of patients enjoy a 20/40 vision after the surgery or an even better ratio, leaving patients with the joy of not having to wear contact lenses or glasses.
6. The statistics worldwide of satisfied, pleased Lasik patients is an impressive 95%.
If you want to get the statistics of the clinic where you plan on having your surgery in, then, you can ask the clinic staff or your attending physician for it. It is advised that you do this so that you know if your chosen clinic is a reliable one. It would also be best to talk to a few previous patients of your doctor so that you will have more resources and therefore, you can determine whether you need to find another optometrist or not.
Although the percentage of patients experiencing conflicts with this operation is very small, there are still risks and complications that exist and occur. The laser eye surgery risks and side effects consist of:
1. Eye infections
2. Dry eyes
3. Loss of a clear vision
4. Irregular astigmatism
5. Sensitivity to light
6. Blurry vision
7. Difficulty in seeing at night
8. A glare or haloed vision
9. Discomfort or pain in the eye, such as an itchy feeling
10. Pink or red sightings in the white part of the eye
Despite these risks and side effects, they rarely occur. But if these do happen to you, they can easily be treated by medication and other treatments.
This is why you need to find an eye doctor (optometrist/ophthalmologist) that can be trusted so that your money will not go to waste because Lasik eye surgery cost is very expensive even on just one eye alone.